Summertime Vacation Packages
RELAXING WEEKEND WITH ART AND NATURE
Duration: 2 days, 1 night
Season: from 15th June to the end of August
Price: € 372 / 2 persons
Included: shuttle bus Tampere-Mänttä return,
1 night at ArtHotel Honkahovi in superior room with private bathroom, breakfast, guided tour (2 h) entrance to Serlachius Museums and Mänttä Art Festival, loan of bicycles, Nordic walking poles and rowing boats
Book in advance, possible to arrange even at 1 day’s notice.
Optional: two nights in Mänttä, sauna and hot tub, guided art and walking tours, lunch
- Departure from Tampere: bus station at 10.50 or railway station at 11.05
- Arrival in the Art Town and Serlachius Museum Gösta at 12.25
- Exciting art exhibitions are waiting for you! You can leave your luggage on the bus, which takes you later to the hotel.
- Hungry? Restaurant Gösta serves you with great passion!
The awarded pavilion and the beautiful surroundings need to be explored.
- Pop in the museum shop and buy special Finnish design
15.30 Step in the shuttle bus, which brings you to your hotel (5 min).
- 17.30 It’s time for an exciting tour in the forest! A guide meets you at the hotel and you’ll fetch the bicycles together (10 min). After 20 min ride you arrive in the conservation area Mäntänvuori (”the mountain of Mänttä”) with coniferous forest and the observation tower. Your evening will end surprisingly in the old skiing cottage, Vuorenmaja, which nowadays is a wine tavern with Central European atmosphere. The guide says goodbye, but you can continue enjoying the flavors.
- After a refreshing breakfast, the Mänttä Art Festival is waiting for you! Use the bikes you borrowed yesterday or have a 15 min walk.
- You can’t miss Serlachius Museum Gustaf, the former headquarters of the forest company! Spend some time and enjoy the architecture and exhibitions. This is now a good moment to return the bike.
- It’s lunch time! Café Alex right behind the corner serves lunch, coffee and pastry. Take a turn in the town to see how the locals live.
- 17.20 Time to say goodbye to Mänttä and Serlachius. Shuttle bus leaves from the hotel to Tampere.
ARTISTIC SUMMER OFFER
Duration: 2 days, 1 night
Season: June – August
Price: from € 109 / 2 persons
Included: entrance fee to Serlachius Museum Gustaf and Gösta, one night in Mänttä-Vilppula
Accommodation: Art Hotel Honkahovi, Mänttä Club, Hotel Alexander, Rapukartano
- On your first day, you will enjoy the wonderful exhibitions of the art museum and its beautiful surroundings.
- Lunch is available at Restaurant Gösta or in the cozy Autere Cottage beside the museum.
- You may still find some time to enjoy the fresh air walking in the Sculpture Park and on the nearby island.
- Check-in at the hotel you have chosen.
- Spend your evening for example at the atmospheric Wine Tavern Vuorenmaja offering central European wines and snacks or seek for exotic pub life in the centre of Mänttä. You can also ask about the sauna possibilities of your accommodation.
- After the delicious breakfast you are ready for another art day!
- Serlachius Museum Gustaf in the center of Mänttä is the former head office of the Finnish paper combine, nowadays an interesting museum with stories to tell.
- Mänttä Art Festival is the must-see contemporary art festival in Finland. Exhibition site Pekilo is less than kilometer away from the Gustaf Museum.
- If you feel like shopping Finnish design and handicraft, you have to pop in the store Taito Shop! True fashion enthusiasts and those feeling hungry drop by at Café & Shop Alexander.
- It is time to say goodbye or perhaps still another night in the peculiar Art Town?
Got interested? Ask more and book:
tel. +358 40 166 3480 or firstname.lastname@example.org