Sustainable Culture Trip
Sustainable Culture Trip — By Train and Bike
Duration: 6 days
Season: May – Sep
TIP: Extend your stay in each destination, if you wish. Remember to book a separate bicycle ticket (Intercity trains: 5 €, commuter trains: free of charge).
Train timetables: VR
DAY 1: Lake Tuusula
Cultural History & Cycling
- Take your bicycle or rent one and hop on the commuter train R from Helsinki to Järvenpää (ca 30 min).
- Cycle your way from the railway station to the exciting Lake Tuusula, where you will find the ateliers and homes for many cultural figures in Finnish history.
- The route around the lake is 26 km. Make the whole circle or just part of it. Stay overnight in a unique accommodation.
DAY 2: Tampere
Urban Nature & Culture
- Continue your journey by the commuter train R to Tampere (ca 1 h 40 min).
- Enjoy the urban nature and culture of Tampere, taste some local delicacies and find a perfect basecamp for the night. Are you ready to try a public sauna in the official Sauna Capital?
DAY 3: Art Town Mänttä
Art & Culinary Pleasures
- Take a train to Vilppula (1 hour). Cycle your way (6 km) to the Art Town Mänttä and Serlachius Museums.
- Visit the exciting Serlachius Museum Gösta and admire the awarded architecture, eat lunch at the top restaurant, enjoy the art exhibitions and surroundings.
- In the evening check in at the local hotel, for example: Art Hotel Honkahovi, Mänttä Club or Hotel Alexander.
DAY 4: Art Town Mänttä
Stories & Nature
- After a delicious breakfast, visit Serlachius Museum Gustaf in the town center, a museum full of interesting stories! If you are still hungry for art after yesterday, take a turn in the annual Mänttä Art Festival (mid-Jun – Aug).
- Take some snack with you and cycle to the top of the hill Mäntänvuori!
- In the evening you can enjoy the hotel’s sauna and perhaps dip in the lake, if you dare…
DAY 5: Lempäälä
Chocolate and Cycling
- It is time to head towards south again! Take a morning train from Vilppula to Tampere and then off you go and cycle!
- After 12 km of sporting, you reach Dammenberg Chocolate Factory and Outlet. Too good to be true!
- Still 15 km of cycling and you will reach Vaihmalan Hovi – a boutique hotel and restaurant in Lempäälä. Sweet dreams after a real sporting day!
- P.S. If you don’t feel like cycling so much, take the train directly to Lempäälä. No cycling – no chocolate!
DAY 6: Iittala
Design & History
- The commuter train R from Lempäälä (station at 3 km distance) will take you to Iittala in 20 minutes! This small town is the birthplace for the world-famous Finnish Iittala glass products.
- Enjoy your day at the Iittala glass village, marvel at the real-time glass production, visit the museum, outlet and other exciting places.
- In the evening the commuter train R takes you back to Helsinki (ca 1 h 40 min).
What a wonderful and sustainable trip you had!
Got interested? Ask more and book:
tel. +358 40 166 3480 or firstname.lastname@example.org