Round Trip Ideas
Check out some tips for FITs whether they are making a round trip by car, public transportation or bicycle. Take the time needed in every destination and then continue the journey to another interesting spot! Are your customers traveling from or to Sweden? See our tips below!
Western Lakeland Tips
Helsinki – Iittala Glass Village – Tampere – Mänttä and of course Serlachius Museums – Petäjävesi (UNESCO church) – Jyväskylä (e.g. Alvar Aalto’s architecture, Toivola Old Courtyard) – Jämsä (Himos holiday resort and the Moose Manor and Zoo) – Asikkala (Lehmonkärki, a beautiful resort and amazing natural ridge Pulkkilanharju) – Lahti – Lake Tuusula – Helsinki
Train, Bus and Bicycle Tips
Ideas for a more sustainable round trip carried out by train and bus or even a bicycle.
Take the time you want in each destination.
- from Helsinki by commuter train R to Iittala (Glass Village)
- the same train takes you to Tampere
- Serlachius shuttle bus from Tampere to Mänttä and Serlachius Museums
- from Mänttä by bus or from Vilppula (6 km distance) by train to Jyväskylä
- from Jyväskylä by train to Järvenpää and from the railway station hop on hop off -bus to Lake Tuusula (in summertime)
- the same bus takes you back to Järvenpää railway station
- by commuter train R to Helsinki
See also our ready-made program for sustainable culture trip by train and bike from Helsinki:
Tampere region has great bicycle trails! Check out the options below. The trail that takes you to Serlachius Museums and Art Town Mänttä is on the Tales and History -part.
Hier finden Sie auch Fahrradreisen in der Region Tampere – auf Deutsch natürlich!
From / To Sweden Tips
Helsinki: 265 km
Turku: 250 km
Vaasa: 258 km
All the harbors close to Serlachius are reachable in three hours’ time. You can choose a longer sea route and take the ferry from/to Helsinki or Turku (departure / destination: Stockholm, Sweden), or you can take a shorter ferry trip (4,5 hours) from/to Vaasa.
TIP: Take morning ferry from Vaasa to Umeå, spend the day in Sweden and come back in the evening. The easiest way to travel in two Nordic countries!
Skip and add destinations according to wish and time.
(Stockholm, Sweden) – Helsinki – Lahti – Jämsä (Himos, holiday resort and the Moose Manor and Zoo) – Mänttä and Serlachius Museums – Keuruu (a little town, e.g. old church and vicarage, lake cruise and a special Wilderness church) – Ähtäri (Zoo with pandas, close by Tuurin kyläkauppa – the biggest “village shop” in Finland) – Seinäjoki (e.g. Alvar Aalto’s architecture and design) – Vaasa & Umeå (a day trip to Sweden with a ferry) – continue your journey in Sweden or in Finland:
– Pori (e.g. Yyteri) – Rauma (the UNESCO site old town) – Turku – ferry to Stockholm – or continue to Raseborg – Fiskars Village – Mustion Linna – Helsinki – ferry to Stockholm