Forest Theme Day — Fun Drama, Art and Nature Tour
Welcome to experience the story of the Finnish forest!
The tiny town of Mänttä got on the world’s map over 100 years ago through the fine paper products made by Serlachius Paper Company. This journey will lead you beside these fascinating stories of the past via exhibitions, dramatized tour, nature and hands-on activity.
Serlachius Museum Gustaf is the former head office of the G. A. Serlachius Ltd. This fun and dramatized tour takes you to 1950’s. Would you be qualified to work for the paper company? A strict secretary will test your skills in paper pressing and head office’s peculiar habits.
After the drama tour, it’s time to head towards the historical forest path. You will hear about the relationship Finns have with nature, experience the forest in a Finnish way and enjoy some refreshments in a beautiful spot. Then your journey continues to the center of magnificent artworks and internationally awarded architecture of Serlachius Museum Gösta, where art and design are also inspired by the Finnish forest. Last, but definitely not least, you will taste Forest on Your Plate at Restaurant Gösta!
- 137 €/adult in a group of 5-14
- 147 €/adult in a group of 4
Minimum group size is four persons. Choose the right rate for you from the drop down list when booking. Ask an offer for bigger groups (min. 15 persons) from our sales service!
Included in the price:
- admission fee to both Serlachius Museums
- guided tours: drama, nature, art (3,5 h)
- refreshments in a little rucksack (to keep)
- menu (3 courses) at Restaurant Gösta
- loan of Nordic walking poles, bicycles, rowing boats (summertime) and rubber boots if needed
- at 11.00 arrival in Art Town Mänttä and Serlachius Museum Gustaf ( R. Erik Serlachiuksenkatu 2, 35800 Mänttä)
- dramatized tour and paper pressing (1 h)
- at 12.00 time of your own to see the exhibitions
- at 12.30 guided Nordic walking tour on the Love Path with refreshments (1,5 h)
- at 14.00 guided art tour (1 h) at Serlachius Museum Gösta (Joenniementie 47, 35800 Mänttä)
- at 15.00 time of your own to take a turn in the exhibitions, surroundings and the museum shop
- at 16.00 delicious meal at the top Restaurant Gösta (ca 1 h)
- at 18.00 the museum is closing and we have to say goodbye for this time!
Duration is approx. 6 hours. If you have more or less time to spend for this program (5-8 h), we can extend or reduce the independent time in between the guided tours. While booking, let us know your timetable if differing from the given one.
How to reach us? By public transportation or your own vehicle:
- Helsinki 260 km / 3 h
- Tampere 94 km / 1 h 15 min, check out the Serlachius shuttle bus service from Tampere
- Jyväskylä 86 km / 1 h 10 min
- Lahti 157 km / 2 h
- BICYCLE TRAILS from Tampere
Need a cozy place to stay overnight? Check out these options:
- Art Hotel Honkahovi : tel. +358 3 474 7005, email@example.com
- Mänttä Club : tel. +358 3 4745 900, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Alexander: tel. +358 3 4749 232, email@example.com
- Peltola Organic Farm: tel. +358 44 525 3539, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rapukartano: tel. +358 44 592 9429, email@example.com
+358 3 488 6801