Day Trip from Himos to Serlachius Museums on Summer Thursdays
Come along to a wonderful art trip to Serlachius Museums in the Art Town Mänttä! The day trip includes a joint ticket to Serlachius Museums and a transport from Himos Center to Serlachius Museum Gösta and back.
During the day, you have time to visit interesting art exhibitions, admire architecture, take a walk in the beautiful Sculpture Park and enjoy delicious meal at Restaurant Gösta or the summer restaurant Autere Cottage. Borrow a museum bike and visit also Serlachius Museum Gustaf and the Art Town’s other sites.
Price: 55 €/adult or 45 €/child
- transport: Himos Center – Serlachius Museum Gösta / Gustaf – Himos Center
- admission fee to Serlachius Museum Gösta and Gustaf
- loan of museum bikes and rowing boats
The day trip lasts all together approximately 7 hours.
- at 10.30 am departure from Himos Center’s parking area (add. Länsi-Himoksentie 4, 42100 Jämsä)
- approx. at 11.20 am arrival at Serlachius Museum Gösta
- Things to do at the Art Museum Gösta and in the surroundings: wonderful art exhibitions in two amazing buildings, art on show also in the park and on the museum’s own island, possibility to loan museum bikes and rowing boats, meal at Restaurant Gösta or the summer restaurant Autere cottage, lakeside picnic.
- Serlachius Museum Gustaf in the center of Mänttä relates to the history of paper industry as well as to art. The former head office of the Serlachius paper company is quite an attraction itself. Get acquainted with the intriguing history of the paper town through Gustaf’s dramatized exhibitions and tours. You can also pay a visit at the Mänttä Art Festival (separate admission fee) or visit other sights in the Art Town.
- Tip: You can borrow the museum bike and cycle your way in Mänttä. You can return the bike to one or the other museum.
- at 4.30 pm departure from Serlachius Museum Gösta (front door)
- at 4.35 pm departure from Serlachius Museum Gustaf (front door)
- approx. at 5.20 pm arrival at Himos Center
NOTE: The day trip takes place with min. six participants. If the day trip is cancelled, we will inform all the ticket buyers on the previous day at the latest 4 pm. In this case we will return your money, otherwise the booking is non refundable.
Serlachius Museums, visiting addresses
Gösta: add. Joenniementie 47, 35800 Mänttä
Gustaf: add. R. Erik Serlachiuksen katu 2, 35800 Mänttä
tel. +358 3 4886801